Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Tikal

HELLO BLOG-O-SPHERE!!!

Today is the first day I've been able to post from a real computer instead of my DS, and it's a good day to do so as well. Today Adam and I crossed the border into Guatemala and went on a tour of Tikal, the largest Mayan ruins site in the area. To say this experience was breath-taking simply wouldn't do it justice. We saw some of the most incredible man-made structures I've ever seen in my life, some big enough to rival the Egyptian Pyramids. We also came across some very cool wildlife will in the park, including a couple different types of spiders, and two different types of monkeys (spider and howler). I've been trying to upload a couple photos for about 15 minutes now with no luck, and can't handle it anymore. We're going to go get some dinner now and check out this crazy festival going on in a village up the road called Succotz. I'll try again with some pictures later tonight if I have time. If not, maybe there will be a better internet connection at the Belizian Shores Resort, which we head to tomorrow.

I can't believe the trip is half over. It seems like we just got here.

Until later,

Ryan

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was the village succotz? or the festival? If it was the festival, all you needed was your lulav and ethrog and you would have been all set!

Glad to hear you're having a good time.

-Rogat-

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you're having a great time. Flacks sent a picture of the two of you standing in front of the Mayan ruins, looked amazing! Keep on vacationing!!!

Anonymous said...

Ryan:

Thanks for the blog update. It sounds like your trip is everything you were expecting. Glad to hear you are enjoying yourself. Look forward to hearing more from you.

Dad

Anonymous said...

Ryan,

Sounds like you are having a good time. E-mail some pictures when you get a chance. Keep having fun!

Emily

Ryan said...

Brian, it's the name of the city. I would totally rock out a lulav and ethrog there though.

Anonymous, sign your next post so I know who you are :)