Thursday, September 11, 2008

We have arrived at Belizian Shores!!!

Hey all,

Just checking in to let you know we've made it to destination number 2, Belizian Shores. Compared to Trek Stop, it's a palace. Our room is pretty much a condo, and it's amazing. I took my first real (meaning not from caught rain water, and with actual water pressure) shower today since Sunday, and shaved for the first time since Monday, and I feel great!!! Adam and I met a woman at the pool/bar named Tracey who has been here all week by herself, and has made friends with all the other 20 guests here. A big group is going into town tonight for dinner and drunk karaoke. Naturally, we're joining them.

Let's try again with a couple of pictures from Tikal (FYI, click on the pictures to get much better, higher resolution versions of them):








These are howler monkeys. They were in this tree screaming at monkeys in the tree next to them by the first temple we hiked up (picture 2 is us at the top of said temple).


In other news, I just got an email from Continental saying our flight is likely to be canceled or delayed due to hurricanes in Houston. I have to tell him this when I get back to the room, and we need to figure out what we're going to do.

I'm going to wrap this up though, and get ready for some drunk karaoke!!!

Until next time,

Ryan

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ryan,

I am in awe of all the wonderful things you're seeing. Love that you're keeping in touch with all of us poor folks stuck back in the U.S.A.! Who would have thought you might have trouble getting BACK into the country!!! Keep us apprised of flight rescheduling. By the way, anonymous is your Mom.

Anonymous said...

Ryan:

Great Blog entry. Those pictures are absolutely amazing!
It sounds like the other guests at the Resort are very friendly. Why not, you are all on vacation!! How did the "drunk karioke" go? I don't get the impression that it is going to be difficult to find things to do or people to do them with at night.
Are you and Adam going to try and go scuba diving today?
Looking forward to seeing your next blog.
Have fun!!

Dad

Kelli K said...

Great pictures!! I can't wait to see more! Tikal looks amazing! I was wondering if you'd have delays due to the hurricanes. I'm sure you'll have to make it back to Indiana some time.

Have fun!! Drink a pina colada for me!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what an amazing trip! Lucky you! :o)